What is CalFresh?
CalFresh provides nutrition assistance to people with low income. It can help buy nutritious foods for a better diet. If approved a monthly dollar amount is placed on a debit like card to help you add to your monthly food budget.
CalFresh can help.
- Individuals and families may be eligible for the program.
- If you work full time, you and your family may still be eligible.
- Buy food at any grocery store or farmer's market that accepts EBT.
How Do I know if I’m potentially Eligible?
Answer a few questions using the CalFresh Pre-Screening Eligibility Tool to see if you qualify!
If you meet the income limits below*, you may qualify to receive monthly CalFresh benefits:
|HOUSEHOLD SIZE||MAXIMUM GROSS MONTHLY INCOME||MAXIMUM Monthly BENEFIT AMOUNT|
|Each Additional Member||Add $694||Add $146|
How long does it take to get CalFresh?
- If approved you will receive your approval within 30 days of the date you apply
- You can receive your benefits within 3 business days if you earn less then $150.00 in the month you apply and if you have less than $100 in cash.
- See our FAQ page for more information