Family Resource Centers
What are Family Resource Centers?
Family Resource Centers are convenient, school and community based locations where children and their families can access services to help them thrive in school and at home by addressing barriers that make it difficult for them to be successful. The Family Resource Centers consist of HSA clinicians, school staff, and other support services.
What can Family Resource Centers provide?
Family Resources Centers provide prevention and early intervention social services through the Human Services Agency of San Mateo County. Family Resource Centers offer:
- Activities: Parent support and education groups, crisis intervention, health workshops
- Mental Health Counseling: Providing therapeutic services one-on-one or in small groups to help children and their families with socio-emotional issues, behavioral difficulties, and family issues that often are impacted by trauma.
- Information: Keeping parents and children connected to additional resources and services.
- Advocacy: Building bridges with teachers and school administrators and providing access to food, medical, housing, and cash aid services.
We also offer information and applications for:
- Health care (Medi-Cal and Covered California)
- Cash assistance (CalWORKS )
- Food stamps (CalFresh)
Who can use Family Resource Centers?
All Family Resource Centers are open to families, teens, and children in San Mateo County.
How do I learn more?
Family Resource Centers can be found at different school sites throughout San Mateo County. The schools that offer Family Resource Center Services are:
- Bayshore School District
- John F. Kennedy Elementary
- Woodrow Wilson Elementary
- Belle Haven
- Brentwood Elementary
- Sunset Ridge Elementary
- Pescadero Elementary
- Pescadero Middle/High School
- La Honda Elementary
- Fair Oaks Elementary
- Kennedy Middle School
- Sequoia High School
- Lead Elementary
To learn more or receive services from Family Resource Centers, call us directly at (650) 877-5628 or reach out to one of the schools listed above..