SAN MATEO COUNTY - JOBS FOR YOUTH SUMMER PAID INTERNSHIPS (ages 18-21)
The San Mateo County Jobs for Youth Internship program is an 8-10 week program for Jobs for Youth participants who would like the opportunity to work for the County of San Mateo. The internship program is geared to provide young adults valuable work experience and to develop employment skills. Interns are placed in several county departments and receive supervision and mentoring from government leadeers. Interns receive a pay-rate of $14 hr with no benefits.
Positions are located throughout San Mateo County Departments and can include office support, receptionist duties, or working on special projects. Office locations can include: East Palo Alto, Menlo Park, Redwood City, San Carlos, Belmont, San Mateo, South San Francisco, Half Moon Bay, and Daly City.
Step 1 Complete a Job Preparation Workshop: All applicants must complete a 1-hour San Mateo County Jobs for Youth Job Preparation Workshop. REGISTER
Step 2 Internship Orientation: After completing the Job Preparation Workshop, all applicants must complete an Internship Orientation. Please email us and let us know that you're interested in an Internship Opportunity.
Step 3 Online Application: After the Internship Orientation, you will be provided with a link to complete an online application.
Please reach out to us via email Jobsforyouth@smcgov.org
SAN MATEO COUNTY - VOLUNTEER INTERNSHPS (ages 14-21)
Jobs for Youth offers fantastic non-paid internships to youth on a year-round basis located at the Daly City and Belmont offices. Students will gain the valuable work experience as well as learn the responsibilities in maintaining a job. Interns receive supervision and mentoring while gaining valuable skills. Students will be evaluated on their work ethics, such as, attendance, punctuality, attitudes & behavior, appropriate appearance, interpersonal relations, and efficiency.
Students participating in the non-paid internship program will have the opportunity to:
- Increase self esteem
- Learn important employment skills (communication skills, work together on a team, critical thinking, decision making, problem solving, organizational and planning skills...)Overall, the most highly regarded skills in interns and co-ops were the ability to work in a team, the ability to obtain and process information, organizational and planning skills, verbal communication skills, and decision-making/problem-solving skills. - See more at: http://www.naceweb.org/internships/benchmarks.aspx#sthash.vE7Mb1Ji.dpufOverall, the most highly regarded skills in interns and co-ops were the ability to work in a team, the ability to obtain and process information, organizational and planning skills, verbal communication skills, and decision-making/problem-solving skills. - See more at: http://www.naceweb.org/internships/benchmarks.aspx#sthash.vE7Mb1Ji.dpuf
- Receive one-on-one mentoring
- Receive a letter of recommendation upon completion of their term of service
- Receive a certificate of completion
- A personalized resume highlighting their qualifications
Internship work experience is greatly admired by employers! Volunteer Internships require a minimum of three months commitment or a specified number of hours required by the school. We are currently not accepting applications and will update this page once we do. For more information, please email us JobsForYouth@smcgov.org