CalFresh provides nutrition assistance to people with low income. It can help buy nutritious foods for a better diet. If approved, a monthly dollar amount is placed on a debit-like card to help you add to your monthly food budget. LEARN MORE »
Looking for food right this moment? For more information about how to get free groceries, prepared meals, and other services, click here.
Good nutrition is our mission. For information on the Harvest of the Month, healthy recipes, upcoming food demos, and more, click here.
To learn more about how to use your CalFresh EBT card and how to maintain your CalFresh benefits, click here.
IMPORTANT NOTICE! In accordance with the new social distancing mandate issued by county officials, clients are strongly encouraged to submit verifications using the following methods:
- Email (HSA_ESS_Questions@smcgov.org)
- Fax (650-620-9732)
- Online at getcalfresh.org
- Via drop boxes located outside of any of our regional offices
To request a replacement EBT card, please call (877) 328-9677 for assistance.
Need food? Apply for CalFresh today at getcalfresh.org or any of the methods stated above.
BEWARE! Be on the lookout for potential scammers using the COVID-19 situation to steal personal information. If you’ve received a text or phone call asking for your personal information, contact us or California representatives right away at 877-847-3663. We will never text or call you requesting personal information, such as your EBT card number, personal identification number (PIN) or social security number.
To stay on top of potential scams, please visit USDA’s SNAP scam alert webpage at https://www.fns.usda.gov/snap/scam-alerts.
IMPORTANT INFORMATION ABOUT CALFRESH TIME LIMIT. In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the CalFresh time limit has been temporarily suspended statewide beginning April 1, 2020 until further notice.
During this time, ABAWDs will not be required to meet the work requirement to keep receiving CalFresh.
PANDEMIC EBT (P-EBT) will be issued to all families with children who receive free/reduced lunch, CalFresh, Medi-Cal and/or Foster Care benefits. Families will receive a one-time payment of $365 per child.
How can I get P-EBT?
- Families with children who get CalFresh, Medi-Cal or Foster Care benefits do not need to apply. Most will get their P-EBT card in the mail automatically between May 12-May 22.
- Families with children who are eligible for free/reduced lunch and who do not get their P-EBT card in the mail by May 22nd, can apply online before June 30, 2020. The online application will launch late May.
How will this impact my family?
- P-EBT card DOES NOT replace the regular CalFresh EBT card or free/reduced lunch. P-EBT is an additional benefit. CalFresh recipients will have two separate EBT cards.
- The Department Homeland Security (DHS) has said that P-EBT will not be considered public charge.
- P-EBT is administered by the California Department of Social Services, not the County of San Mateo. For card replacements or questions, please contact the P-EBT customer service at
- For additional information visit:
DUE TO THE RECENT WILDFIRE IN SAN MATEO COUNTY YOU CAN TEMPORARILY PURCHASE ALREADY PREPARED FOOD OR HOT FOODS WITH YOUR CALFRESH EBT CARD THROUGH SEPTEMBER 23, 2020.
IF YOU LOST FOOD DUE TO POWER OUTAGES, EVACUATIONS OR FIRES, YOU ARE ABLE TO REQUEST REPLACEMENT OF YOUR CALFRESH BENEFITS. THE REQUESTS MUST BE MADE BEFORE SEPTEMBER 14, 2020.
PLEASE CLICK BELOW FOR MORE INFORMATION ON :