Cash Assistance Program for Immigrants
CAPI provides cash assistance to aged, blind, or disabled legal permanent resident immigrants who have been denied SSI benefits solely due to their immigration status.
What services/benefits can GA provide?
CAPI provides cash assistance to help pay for living expenses such as:
Who can benefit from CAPI?
Aged (65 years of age or older), blind, or disabled legal permanent resident immigrants (which includes asylees and refugees).
How to Apply
Call our toll-free phone number at 1-800-648-0954 and an application will be sent to you with program information.
Your application will be easier to process if you bring:
- Identification – legal Permanent Resident card, passport, birth certificate
- Proof of residency – rent/mortgage receipt or utility bill
- Proof of income – pension, annuity, unemployment/disability stubs or pay stubs
- Resources – checking/savings account statements, savings bonds, stock certificates, life insurance policies, vehicle registration
- Call 211 to connect with community services for food, shelter, job services, child care, senior services, counseling and much, much more. To use the services just dial “211.”
- For employment services and training, visit our PeninsulaWorks One-Stop Career Centers – www.peninsulaworks.org.
- For emergency food and to apply for CalFresh (food stamps): San Mateo County Food Connection 1-800-934-3663
The information on this page is for reference only. Speak to a staff person for the most up-to-date information.
What else should I know?
- The County of San Mateo will be repaid if you receive SSI.
- Applications are usually processed within 60 days.