Job Training and Employment Placement Programs
The following organzations provide a range of trainings and job placement services. Please contact an agency near you for more information.
Job Training and Vocational Services
- Provides an accelerated program to obtain your Medical Administrative Assistants certification. Also has a career and counseling center for students
- They offer, free of charge, job placement assistance and job contact cultivation, on-site health screenings and treatment, in collaboration with county and other local health providers, educational and training opportunities, dand ay laborer organizing and other assistance.
- Offers the Good Guard Security Officer Training Program, Auto Detail Vocational Training Program, Laborers Construction Fundamentals Training Program, and Employment Readiness Program
- Offers Advanced CNA training and continuing CNA education and Hospitality-ServSafe Certification.
- Locations at Peninsula Works in Daly City, San Mateo Adult School, and at Human Services Agency in Redwood City and Belmont. Jobs for Youth offers the following services to youth ages 14 -21 years old: job placement assistance (job referrals)g, one-on-one job counselin, and job preparation workshops such as mastering job application forms, interviewing skills, resume writing assistance, and job search web sites for teens.
- Provides academic training, including ESL classes and GED training programs as well as computer literacy and employment training for adults. JobTrain also offers a variety of programs and services to our community’s youth, each of which helps them focus on educational success, employment readiness, job skills, life skills, and practical goal setting. Students between the ages of 14 and 21 are eligible to receive vocational training, tutoring in basic skills, GED preparation, and job placement assistance.
- Offers training programs for careers in Certified Nursing Assistant, Medical Office Assistant, Medical Record Specialist, Technical Support/Security Specialist, Small Business Accounting, computer skills certifications, and more.
Whether your life situation requires you to come out of retirement, you are a career worker looking for a change, or have experienced a layoff, Career Assistance can help you with job training and placement.. The Mature Worker Program can help with interview preparation, vocational counseling and goal planning, resume preparation, internships, on-the-job training, and employment referrals.They help with training, placement, and career counseling.
- Phase2Careers offer the "Over 40" worker help in finding new job and career opportunities through job search workshops and employer panels, networking mixers and job fairs, career assessment, and small business workshops. Workshops are held in various locations such as: Daly City, South San Francisco, San Mateo, Foster City, Belmont, San Carlos, Redwood City and other Peninsula locations.
- H.O.P.E. Jobs is a program that offers WeHOPE clients and the general community with free certification courses to become a Security Guard or Custodial Technician. The classes are taught by nationally certified instructors within their professional industry. Below are the current certification courses offered at Project WeHOPE.
- The Worker Resource Center is a collaboration of Samaritan House and the City of San Mateo. It provides a safe and legitimate location for day laborers and potential employers to meet. Workers are encouraged to participate in ESL classes and are offered nutritious food to prepare them for their day of work.
- San Mateo County's Vocational Rehabilitation Services (VRS) serves County residents with disabilities and other barriers to employment, creating pathways towards self-sufficiency through vocational counseling and assessment, case management, job training and job placement.
Other Employment Based Services