Local Food and Shelter Resources
Food Distribution Locations
Emergency Shelter ServicesCall one of your local core agencies to receive a referral to an emergency shelter with availability
- Bill Wilson Center
- Catholic Worker House
- Child Family Services
- East Palo Alto Teen Home
- La Casa de las Madres
- Larkin Street Youth Services- Diamond Youth Shelter
- StarVista- Daybreak
- Community Overcoming Relationship Abuse
- Home and Hope
- Mental Health Association of San Mateo County
- Project WeHope
Other Emergency Services
- LifeMoves Opportunities Services Center provides emergency rental and utility assistance.
- North Fair Oaks Community Center provides housing assistance with deposits, delinquent rent, and other housing financial needs.
- Salvation Army administers Project Reach funds to prevent engery shut-off through a one-time payment, rental assistance with available funds, motel vouchers and more.
- SVdP's Homeless Help Center provides basic survival necessities.
- SVdP's Peninsula Family Resource Center provides homeless prevention services which includes rental, utility, transportation assistance, etc.
- Daily City Community Service Center offers emergency food, shelter, and transportation and has a business clothes closet.
Please contact us at ImmigrantServices@smcgov.org if you're an organization that provides emergency assistance services to foreign born residents in San Mateo County and would like to be on our page.